- Product Reviews
- About Me
Site Ranking After Google’s Recent Updates – Is SEO Dead?
We all know that recently Google has updated its algorithm to better tackle with those who were just there on the top of search engines using traditional SEO but they had no authority blogs. After the udpates Google made, so many so called EMD domains including few authority domains fell from top pages to deep under the sea. Now, they are no way near to any of the top pages.
Affiliates who were using EMD and SEOs started saying that now SEO is dead because they can’t be at the top just by tweaking their site and taking a EMD (Exact Match Domains). I was too bit curious to learn if the SEO is dead? The reason was simple, my own site also got a hit from Google pushing it to many pages down. I was no where in the top pages. Whereas earlier, I had a ranking on first and second page of Google. It was a great shock to me because I was generating good number of visits from Google itself. But still I am not a man who gives up without understanding the actual scenerio.
One thing was obvious in my mind that whatever the updates are, affiliates are still ranking, affiliates are still making money. Every day I see a new example of it. So certainly this was NOT the time to fear but the time to be capitalizing on the opportunities that less knowledgeable affiliates are running away from and moreover on SEO part.
I started reading articles of many successful internet marketers so that I could learn the exact scenario at the moment. Asked questions to learn more about the topic. It was a topic of huge debate. Few were saying, it’s dead and few were saying no.. The SEO is still there and one can get ranking in search engines. After reading many articles, I was sure enough that SEO is not yet dead but obviously we need to use it in a better way. We need to work the way Google want, so that we can get ranking in
search engines like google.
One thing I learned in the process is that although domain name plays quite a significant role in search engine domination but still the main factors are something more then having an EMD and moreover your blog’s pages get ranking and not a domain.
After reading and understanding, it was time for me to apply the knowledge to see if I get a ranking again.
After researches I made, I knew that I had a chance of getting back and hence started working on face lift of my blog and done some tweaking and Booom… what I see is… I was again included in search engines and that too just after two days of writing my new article… Ultimately the mission was accomplished and I was back on the track…
So, Let’s see what I did to come back in search engines?
I am going to tell you the exact same steps I used so read carefully…
1. A complete face lift of my blog: From face lift, I mean the first step was to change the theme… I used theme from PageLines WordPress Themes as it was quite easy to put and handle (Drag and Drop) also more SEO friendly (the biggest reason), why not! as I was doing it all for SEO purpose…
2. Second step was quite difficult as I had to remove any duplicate article/text/contents from my blog and believe me, this was the most tedious task I had to complete and that too at the earliest… So removed any article that was duplicate… Having duplicate contents on the blog is surely not the right strategy as Google hate this and I had no intention of using duplicate contents on my blog but it happened because of FTS. Few days back, I started using FTS so that I could get more contents for my blog (without writing myself) never realizing that I was just getting duplicate contents on my blog and the day I realized, I already had 38 posts on my blog… uff… It is better to hire someone or software which can help you create unique contents instead of using other people’s article on your blog…
So removing duplicate content was tedious because I had to check each and every article to see if it has duplicate contents but thanks to DupliChecker (Free Plagiarism Checker ) which made my task bit easier…
I checked every posts and removed the one which was already there on other blogs and most of the posts I removed was from FTS (Free Traffic System)… So make sure you never do this kind of mistake…
It is better to have quality instead of quantity…
3. Installing OnlyWire again: Onlywire is a great tool to generate some backlinks from different PR2 and Web 2.0 sites. Onlywire had a plugin which we can incorporate in our blog to generate some back links for our blog posts and it is quite easy to use.
4. A step before final step: I had to find a keyword which was good to rank and than write an article on that keyword… but suddenly I thought of writing a review of a product which I was already using. Why not give people something real to learn. So wrote an article. Initially I was on page 2 for one of the product but just after two days, I was climbed to number one page of Google.
5. Last but not the least… This was the most important because I should atleast know if I had done all the things right and for that I use Traffic Travis. Good tool for people who wants to do SEO on their own and wants to become search engine optimization expert in the field. This software is a great help to me to find out exactly what, where and how to put my contents on the blog so that I can get faster ranking in search engines.
Check the screenshots here…
Truly speaking, now I know that Search Engine Optimization is still active and by doing bit of research and SEO on your blog can definitely give you ranking in Search Engines. The only thing required for you to know how to reach there and what to use…
I have provided most of the information here to get good ranking in Search Engines but still if you don’t want to put efforts yourself than you can try this tool
Have a great day….
Let’s Meet on Facebook